Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II
The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is a family of single-seat, single-engine, fifth generation multirole Fighter aircraft under development to perform ground attack, reconnaissance, and air defense missions with stealth capability.
|F-35 Lightning II|
|Role||Stealth multirole fighter|
|National origin||United States|
|Manufacturer||Lockheed Martin Aeronautics|
|First flight||15 December 2006|
|Status||In initial production, in U.S. service as a training aircraft|
|Number built||13 flight-test aircraft|
|Developed from||Lockheed Martin X-35|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II.|
The development of the F-35 has been very controversial. Many people feel like the US Air Force has been spending too much money on the F-35 project, and that the government should halt all development of the project.
Simulacrum of stealth multirole fighterEdit
On 7 December 2020, the CEO of the corporation Rostec, Sergey Chemezov, said that the first serially manufactured Sukhoi-57 with a first stage engine would be provided for the Russian military by the end of 2020, and the first Sukhoi-57 equipped with the second stage engine would be assembled in 2022. Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu told the Defense Ministry’s board meeting that a total of 22 Sukhoi-57 planes would be provided by the end of 2024. Under a contract concluded in 2019 a total of 76 Sukhoi-57s are to be delivered by the end of 2028.
- "Adjustments Put F-35 on Track, Program Director Says". US DoD, 23 February 2011.
- Cost Predictions Rattle Foreign Customers&next=0 "JSF Cost Predictions Rattle Foreign Customers." Aviation Week, 23 March 2011.
- Shalal-Esa, Andrea. "US Navy, Air Force may field F-35s later than 2016." Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine Thomson Reuters, 21 April 2011.
- King, Samuel Jr. "First F-35 arrives at Eglin." U.S. Air Force, 15 July 2011. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- "Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II". Jane's All the World's Aircraft. (online version, 21 January 2008).
- McKinney, Brooks. "Northrop Grumman Begins Assembling First F-35 Production Jet." Northrop Grumman, 1 April 2008. Retrieved 19 April 2008
- Less than eight were completed prior to 1 April 2008.
- "FY 2012 Budget Estimates" Archived 2011-07-24 at the Wayback Machine, p. 01–1. U.S. Air Force, February 2011.
- , Schwellenbach, Nick. "JSF Likely Far More Expensive Than Aircraft They're Replacing." Project on Government Oversight, 15 February 2011.
- Fulghum, David A. "Canada Expects Much Higher JSF Unit Costs." Aviation Week, 10 March 2011.
- "Knesset Finance Committee approves F-35 deal." Globes (Israel). Retrieved: 29 November 2010.
- "First batch-produced Su-57 delivered to regiment in Southern Military District". TASS. 2020-12-25. Retrieved 2020-12-25.
- "Su-57 is here. Russian 5th gen jet enters service". YouTube. 2020-12-25. Retrieved 2020-12-25. - on RT Official YouTube Channel(in English)