Logo (programming language)
- The article about graphical symbols is at Logo
In 1969, it was used to control a Floor Turtle. Commands were added to send the turtle forwards and backwards, and to turn the turtle to left or right. This turtle had pen with different colors. When it moved, it left a trail on the floor.
When a new version of Logo was developed to draw graphics on a screen, it used the same commands. This was called Turtle graphics.
Load the Logo program. Type the next line in the command box.
print [Hello World!]
The computer replies.
Example Showing Graphics and Functional ProgrammingEdit
A spiral drawn using recursion. Using the editor, type in this new definition.
to spiral :size if :size > 30 [stop] ; a condition stop fd :size rt 15 ; many lines of action spiral :size *1.02 ; the tailend recursive call end
Type this in the command box.
- MSWLogo For Windows
- FMSLogo For Windows
- Berkeley Logo (UCBLogo)
- Microworlds Microworlds, a commercial Logo for Mac and Windows
- Elica Archived 2011-04-30 at the Wayback Machine a 3D Logo for Windows
- Lhogho a Logo compiler for Linux and Windows
- Surf Your Logo Code A modern web based Logo interpreter using HTML5 and JQuery.
- MaLT (Machine Lab Turtlesphere) A web based 3D Logo application with the feature of dynamic manipulation (developed in HTML5 & three.js).