city in Ehime prefecture, Japan
(Redirected from Matsuyama, Ehime)
- 1603 (Keichō 8): Kato Yoshiakira built Matsuyama Castle
- 1854 (Ansei 1 ): Matsuyama Castle destroyed by fire
- 1889 (Meiji 22): Modern city is incorporated
Eight of the eighty-eight temples in the Shikoku Pilgrimage are in Matsuyama.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Matsuyama" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 620.
- Jacobs, A.J. "Japan's Evolving Nested Municipal Hierarchy: The Race for Local Power in the 2000s," Urban Studies Research, Vol. 2011 (2011), p. 8 [PDF 8 of 14]; retrieved 2012-12-5.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matsuyama, Ehime.|
- http://www.city.matsuyama.ehime.jp/lang/en/ Archived 2009-01-06 at the Wayback Machine; (in Japanese)