Wikimedia disambiguation page
(Redirected from Monitors)
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: monitor.|
The word monitor is a Latin word for warner or suggester. The many uses of the word are listed below.
- A computer monitor (display screen)
- A medical monitor, or any other hardware device that measures electrical events, such as a heart rate monitor
- A speaker used on stage (facing the musicians) or in a studio to enable musicians to hear what is being performed
- A video monitor, a television-like device used in studio, lab or test environments
- A baby monitor, which lets parents hear what happens in their babies room from other parts of the house
Roles or positionsEdit
- A hall monitor, one who patrols the hall of a school
- USS Monitor, the ironclad warship of the American Civil War
- A monitor (warship), a type of ship based on the USS Monitor and built by several navies for coastal defense in the 1860s and 1870s. It reappeared in a different form during the World War I and lasted until the end of World War II
- A river monitor, the strongest type of river warships
- Monitor lizards, a family of large tropical lizards (Varanidae)
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Monitor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.