Morellino di Scansano
Morellino di Scansano DOCG is an Italian red wine made in the hills of the village of Scansano (province of Grosseto), in the Maremma, which includes a part of the coast of southern Tuscany. Morellino is the local name for the Sangiovese grape varietal.
The wine, which gained the DOC status in 1978, and upgraded to DOCG status from the 2007 vintage, is made from of 85% Sangiovese (which is also the base of the tuscan wines: Chianti, Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano). The remaining 0–15% of any non aromatic black grape varieties included in a list made and periodically updated by the local authorities.
- Consorzio di Tutela del Morellino di Scansano (in Italian)