Morgan Frederick Rielly (born March 9, 1994) is a Canadian ice hockey defenceman. He currently plays for the Toronto Maple Leafs of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was born in West Vancouver, British Columbia and grew up in Vancouver, British Columbia.
March 9, 1994|
West Vancouver, BC, CAN
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||198 lb (90 kg; 14 st 2 lb)|
|NHL team||Toronto Maple Leafs|
5th overall, 2012|
Toronto Maple Leafs
Before playing in the NHL, Rielly played parts of 3 seasons with the Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League (WHL). In the 2010–11 WHL season, Rielly recorded 28 points in 65 games played. He missed most of the 2011–12 season because of a torn anterior cruciate ligament. He returned to the team during the end of their playoff run against the Edmonton Oil Kings. Even though Rielly missed most of the season, he was still able to finish ranked fifth in the North American skaters category by the Central Scouting Bureau.
He was drafted 5th overall by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Rielly was able to keep a spot on the Maple Leafs roster at the start of the 2013–14 NHL season. On October 5, 2013, Rielly made his NHL debut in a 5–4 shootout win against the Ottawa Senators. On December 16, 2013, he scored his first NHL goal against Marc-André Fleury of the Pittsburgh Penguins in a 3–1 loss.
- "Morgan Rielly could miss season with knee injury". NHL. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Rielly, Morgan - NHL Draft Prospects". NHL. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Toronto Maple Leafs will keep 19-year-old Morgan Rielly … for now". National Post. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Leafs Battle Back To Win In Shootout Over Sens". Toronto Maple Leafs. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Crosby's Late Goal Lifts Pens Over Leafs". Toronto Maple Leafs. Retrieved 2015-10-16.