Neil Simon (July 4, 1927 – August 26, 2018) was an American playwright and screenwriter. He wrote more than thirty plays and almost the same number of movie screenplays, most adapted from his plays. He has received more Oscar and Tony Award nominations than any other writer.
Simon was born on July 4, 1927 in The Bronx, New York City to a Jewish family. He studied at New York University and at the University of Denver. Simon was married five times. The first four ended in divorce. He was married to Elaine Joyce from 1999 until his death in 2018. Simon had three children, including one adopted child.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Neil Simon|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Neil Simon.|
- Neil Simon on IMDb
- Neil Simon at the Internet Broadway Database
- video: "Neil Simon's Broadway", 6 minutes
- Neil Simon Theatre Festival
- PBS article, American Masters
- James Lipton (Winter 1992). "Neil Simon, The Art of Theater No. 10". The Paris Review.