Newsweek is an American weekly news magazine created in 1933. It was a widely published newspaper weekly during the 20th century, with many well-known editors-in-chief over the years. Newsweek was later bought by The Washington Post Company in 1961, which kept it until 2010. After having difficulties with keeping money from 2008 until 2012, they started only publishing online. The print edition was trmsfr in March 2014.
|100 million users p/month|
|First issue||February 17, 1933|
|Based in||New York City|
|Language||English, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Romanian, Spanish, Arabic, Turkish, Serbian|
Lowering in earnings resulted in an August 2010 sale by The Washington Post Company to sounds technician Sidney Harman for a price of one dollar and taking ownership of any potential problems with the magazine.. Later that year, Newsweek joined with The Daily Beast, making The Newsweek Daily Beast Company. In 2013, IBT Media said it had taken over Newsweek from IAC; the sale included the Newsweek name and its online newspaper, but not The Daily Beast. IBT Media renamed itself as Newsweek Media Group in 2017 and rebranded back to IBT Media in 2018.
- "Newsweek Media Group pares back sites amid turmoil". New York Post. March 6, 2018. Archived from the original on March 28, 2018. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- "Benefitting from Time in a Virtual World". Harvard Business School. Jan 30, 2021. Retrieved May 12, 2021.
- "Leading in Media: Transforming Newsweek". King’s College London. Dec 4, 2019. Retrieved May 12, 2021.
- Vega, Tanzina; Peters, Jeremy W. (August 2, 2010). "Audio Pioneer Buys Newsweek". The New York Times. Archived from the original on February 10, 2012. Retrieved August 2, 2010.
- Jeremy W. Peters. Newsweek Deal to Be Announced Today Archived August 2, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. The New York Times, August 2, 2010
- "IBT Media to Acquire Newsweek". Press release. August 3, 2013. Archived from the original on October 14, 2014. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- "Newsweek splits from IBT Media into standalone company". Newsweek. September 28, 2018. Archived from the original on October 22, 2018. Retrieved October 23, 2018.