Neymar da Silva Santos Junior, known as Neymar or Neymar Jr. (born 5 February 1992), is a professional Brazilian footballer that can play as a left or right Winger or as a Striker. He plays for the French team Paris Saint-Germain and the Brazil national football team at international level.
Neymar with Brazil in 2018.
Neymar da (Silva) Santos Júnior|
|Date of birth||5 February 1992|
|Place of birth||Sao Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Forward / Winger|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Neymar and his family moved to Santos in 2003, where he joined Santos F.C. On March 7 2009, he made his debut for Santos at 17 years of age. He scored his first goal against Mogi Mirim, a week after his debut. On April 15 2010, Neymar scored five goals for Santos, beating Guarani 8-1 in the 2010 Copa do Brasil (Brazilian Cup). The club would then go on to win that year's cup.
After Neymar's performances for Brazil's U-17 team at the 2009 U-17 World Cup, on July 26 2010, Neymar was selected in the squad for the Brazil national team by new head coach Mano Menezes for a friendly match against USA on August 10 2010. He scored on his debut, in a 2–0 win for Brazil. On March 27 2011, he scored twice in a 2–0 win against Scotland at the Emirates Stadium.
In August 2017, he was bought by the French club Paris Saint-Germain for a world record-breaking €222 million, making him the most expensive transfer of all time.
|Club||Season||League||Cup[nb 1]||League Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
|Paris Saint-Germain||2017–18||Ligue 1||14||11||1||2||1||1||6[f]||6||—||22||20|
- As of 14 November 2017
- UEFA Champions League: 2014-15
- La Liga: 2014-15, 2015-16
- Copa del Rey: 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2015
- South American Youth Championship : 2011
- FIFA Confederations Cup: 2013
- Olympic Silver Medal: 2012
- Olympic Gold Medal: 2016
- South American Footballer of the Year: 2011, 2012
- FIFA Puskás Award: 2011
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2015
- Appearances in Campeonato Paulista
- Appearances in Copa Sudamericana
- Appearances in Copa Libertadores
- Eleven appearances and four goals in Campeonato Paulista, two appearances and one goal in FIFA Club World Cup
- Twelve appearances and eight goals in Copa Libertadores, two appearances and one goal in Recopa Sudamericana
- Appearances in UEFA Champions League
- Appearances in Supercopa de España
- Appearances in FIFA Club World Cup
- "Neymar". ESPN.