Nicholas "Nicky" Patrick Hayden (July 30, 1981 – May 22, 2017), nicknamed The Kentucky Kid, was an American professional motorcycle racer who won the MotoGP World Championship in 2006. He was born in Owensboro, Kentucky. On September 3, 2009, it was confirmed that Hayden had signed a one-year extension of contract with Ducati for the 2010 MotoGP season, ending speculation of a move away from the team.
On May 17, 2017, Hayden was hit by a car while riding his bicycle near Rimini, Italy. Five days after the accident, Hayden died in the hospital in Cesena, Italy on May 22, 2017 at the age of 35.
- Lostia, Michele; Elizalde, Pablo (September 10, 2008). "Hayden hints at Ducati deal". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- "Hayden agrees 2010 Ducati deal". Insidebikes. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- "American Superbike rider Nicky Hayden hit by car while cycling". USA Today. Retrieved 2017-05-18.
- "Hayden non ce l'ha fatta: il pilota è morto dopo 5 giorni di coma". La Repubblica (in Italian). Retrieved 2017-05-22.
- "Nicky Hayden, former MotoGP world champion, dies five days after bike crash". The Guardian. Retrieved 2017-05-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nicky Hayden.|