Nose-picking is the act of sticking a finger into the nose and digging inside. It is a taboo subject in most countries. It is considered to be very gross and disgusting despite being a very common habit. Nose-picking can also cause nose bleeds. Some people also eat boogers, which can be even more disgusting. If someone is seen picking their nose, it can be very embarrassing.
|Classification and external resources|
- BBC home: The Truth About Nose-picking
- Toddlers and Nose Picking
- Adams, Cecil (1982-08-20). "Can you die from picking your nose?". The Straight Dope. Archived from the original on 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- Ilori, Kemi (2007-06-19). "Nose Picking: The interesting and funny habit". The Daily Sun. Archived from the original on 2008-12-12. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Man dies from picking his nose". The Daily Telegraph. 2008-12-05. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- (In fact) Nose-picking favorite occupation of the Dutch Archived 2012-03-01 at the Wayback Machine (March 2007) (in Dutch) Translated version
- Another article on same topic (August 2008) (in Dutch) Translated version
- For an elaborate spoof, see "Nose-picking in the Pongidae and Its Implication for Human Evolution", said to be from the American Journal of Nasal Anatomy, (1987)