Opera (web browser)
Opera is a web browser that formerly included e-mail, webfeed reader, and IRC Chat. There are versions available for several operating systems. These include Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, and Linux. There are also version for mobile phones, personal digital assistants, game consoles, and interactive televisions.
|Initial release||April 1995|
|Stable release||60.0.3255.109 (May 23, 2019[±])|
60.0.3255.15 (March 27, 2019[±])
Mac OS X
Solaris until v. 10.11
|Available in||56 languages|
|Type||Web browser and Internet suite|
|License||Proprietary freeware with open source components|
Opera was created in 1994 at Telenor, which is Norway's largest telecommunications company. In 1995, Opera became its own company called Opera Software ASA.
- Security: Opera helps protect against computer viruses. When accessing a certain page opera will warn the user beforehand that the site may impose a threat to their computer. The user can decide to open the web page or not.
- Tabs: Users can save an unlimited number of tabs on their computer, so the next time that the users utilized their PC the pages will still be there. The order of the tabs can be changed, by dragging and dropping them in their needed location. 
- Blocking: Users can block unwanted spam and pop ups, and the blocking features allow the individual to inactivate certain elements.
- Resizing: Users can use the zoom button to change the size of the text on the screen, also the ‘Fit to Width’ button is available to change the size of the web page to evade horizontal scrolling.
- "Opera version history — Opera 1 series". Opera Software. February 21, 2012. Archived from the original on September 6, 2012. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- Lextrait, Vincent (July 2010). "The Programming Languages Beacon, v10.3". Archived from the original on May 30, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2010.
- "Opera browser language files". Opera Software. Archived from the original on June 28, 2012. Retrieved April 12, 2011.
- "Opera 12.00 Beta for Windows Changelog". Opera Software. Archived from the original on September 14, 2012. Retrieved July 8, 2012.
- "Changelog for Opera 9.0 Beta 1 for Windows". Opera Software. Archived from the original on September 14, 2012. Retrieved July 8, 2012.
- "The Best Browsers for Android: Rating Top-10". GeekNose. Retrieved December 7, 2012.
- Biography for Opera on IMDb
- About Opera, URL accessed on January 13, 2011
- "Affiliated Organization of Firefox and Mozilla" (PDF). Mozilla Japan. Mozilla Foundation. 2006. Retrieved September 5, 2010.
- "Milestones". Opera Software. 2007. Archived from the original on November 23, 2007. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- Schenk, Mark (2010). "Opera browser version history". Retrieved September 5, 2010.