Oscar Pettiford (September 30, 1922 – September 8, 1960) was an American jazz bassist, cellist and composer. He was known for his pioneering work in bebop.
- Bass Hits (Topaz, 1943–46)
- Discoveries (1952)
- The New Oscar Pettiford Sextet (Debut, 1953) with Charles Mingus, Julius Watkins, Walter Bishop jr., Percy Bridge
- First Bass (1953)
- Oscar Pettiford Sextet (Vogue, 1954) with Kai Winding, Al Cohn, Tal Farlow, Henri Renaud, Max Roach
- Basically Duke (1954)
- Another One (1955)
- O.P. Big Band: Deep Passion (GRP, 1956–57) with Tommy Flanagan, David Amram, Julius Watkins, David Kurtzer, Jerome Richardson, Osie Johnson, Gigi Gryce, Lucky Thompson, Art Farmer, Danny Bank, Jimmy Cleveland, Ernie Royal, Janet Putnam u.a.
- Winner's Circle (Prestige, 1957) with John Coltrane
- The Oscar Pettiford Orchestra in Hi-Fi, Vol. 1 (1956) & Vol. 2 (1957) with Tommy Flanagan, David Amram, Ed London, Art Farmer, Gigi Gryce, Betty Glamamm, Jimmy Cleveland, Osie Johnson, Danny Bank, Jerome Richardson, Lucky Thompson, Ernie Royal.
- Vienna Blues – The Complete Session (Black Lion, 1959) with Hans Koller, Attila Zoller, Jimmy Pratt
- Montmartre Blues (Black Lion, 1959–60)
- The Complete Essen Jazz Festival Concert, (Black Lion, 1960) with Coleman Hawkins, Bud Powell, Kenny Clarke
- My Little Cello (America Records, 1960)