PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) is a scripting language that helps people make web pages more interactive by allowing them to do more intelligent, complex things. PHP code is run on the web server. It is called a preprocessor because it builds the information before sending it to the computer that visits the web page.
|Paradigm||imperative, object-oriented, Procedural, reflective|
|Designed by||Rasmus Lerdorf|
|Developer||The PHP Group|
|Stable release||7.3.6 / May 30, 2019|
|Typing discipline||Dynamic, weak|
|Zend Engine, Phalanger, Quercus, Project Zero, HHVM|
|C, C++, Java, Perl, Tcl|
A website programmed with PHP can have pages that are password protected. A website with no programming cannot do this without other complex things. Standard PHP file extensions are: .php .php3 or .phtml, but a web server can be set up to use any extension.
PHP was first created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995. It is now developed and improved by a large team of people. Its name at first stood for Personal Home Page, but it was later changed to PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor; using its old acronym in the new name.
An example Hello World program:
<?php echo "Hello, World!"; ?>
It is common to put PHP code inside a HTML document, for example:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Hello World</title> </head> <body> <?= '<p>Hello World</p>'; ?> </body> </html>
- Rasmus Lerdorf began assembling C code originally written for CGI scripts into a library and accessing the library's functions, including SQL queries, through HTML-embedded commands in 1994; Lerdorf, Rasmus (2007-04-26). "PHP on Hormones - history of PHP presentation by Rasmus Lerdorf given at the MySQL Conference in Santa Clara, California". The Conversations Network. Archived from the original (mp3) on 2019-01-06. Retrieved 2009-12-11.
- "PHP 7.3.6 Release Announcement". PHP.net. The PHP Group. Retrieved 30 May 2019.
- "Official PHP License Information". PHP.net. The PHP Group. Retrieved 21 April 2011.
- http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_intro.asp Retrieved on 30 October, 2007
- "Apache Module mod_mime AddHandler Directive". Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "GPL-Incompatible, Free Software Licenses". Various licenses and comments about them. Free Software Foundation. Archived from the original on 2005-07-22. Retrieved 2007-11-03.
- "History of PHP". PHP.net. The PHP Group. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
Other websites change
- Official PHP website
- PHP Tutorial Archived 2010-05-11 at the Wayback Machine for beginners
- PHP Tutorial Archived 2020-10-27 at the Wayback Machine for beginners
- [./Https://webtopfree.blogspot.com/2021/07/php-what-is-php-in-hindi-technology.html Archived 2021-07-29 at the Wayback Machine https://webtopfree.blogspot.com/2021/08/How-to-learn-PHP.html Archived 2021-08-20 at the Wayback Machine] what is PHP