Wikimedia disambiguation page
Generally, a periphery is a boundary or outer part of any space or body. It is derived from the Greek word περιφέρεια, meaning a circumference or outer surface.
- In biology, the periphery of the body is the part that is away from the central or core regions.
- Peripheral vision is that part of visual perception that occurs in the periphery, i.e., near the edges, of the field of view.
- A computer peripheral is added to a host computer in order to expand its abilities.
- For peripheral submanifolds in mathematics, see boundary parallel.
- The Periphery includes nations that are not core countries - capitalist or industrialized nations. See Immanuel Wallerstein, Third World.
- The 13 peripheries of Greece are subnational subdivisions of that country, equivalent to regions.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Periphery.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.