Piano six hands
Music described as piano six hands is for three pianists at one piano, as distinct from piano duet which is music for two pianists at one piano, and from piano trio which is music for piano, violin and cello. Not much music has been written for this combination, although there are several arrangements of music originally written for other forces.
Compositions include 5 pieces by Percy Grainger, Sergei Rachmaninoff's Romance and Valse, Alfred Schnittke's Hommage, Carl Czerny's op.17 and 741, Jean Cras's "Âmes d’enfants", Paul Robinson (composer)'s "Pensees" and "Monmartre", various pieces by German composer Armin Fuchs, Bulgarian composer Tomislav Baynov's "Metrorhythmia 1", John Pitts's "Are You Going?", Greek composer Dionysis Boukouvalas's "Fantasy on a theme by Steve Reich" and Canadian composer Paul Frehner's "Slowdown."
- "Compositions". paulrobinsoncomposer.com.
- "Kompositionen". www.armin-fuchs.com.
- "baynov-piano.de". www.baynov-piano.de.
- Some Handsome Hands (18 March 2007). "three girls and one piano- Some Handsome Hands" – via YouTube.
- veseli601 (16 July 2009). "Tomislav Baynov Metrorhythmia 1 for Piano Six Hands" – via YouTube.