Prazeres Cemetery (Portuguese: Cemitério dos Prazeres) is one of the largest cemeteries in Lisbon, Portugal; it is located in the freguesia (civil parish) of Estrela, in western Lisbon (formerly, within the parish of Prazeres). It is considered to be one of the most beautiful and famous cemeteries in the world. It is home to the Mausoleum of the Dukes of Palmela, the largest mausoleum in Europe.
|Size||12 hectares (30 acres)|
Prazeres Cemetery is the resting place for many famous personalities, including Prime Ministers and Presidents of Portugal, notable literary figures such as author Ramalho Ortigão, famous artists like painters Columbano Bordalo Pinheiro or Roque Gameiro, prominent musical figures like pianist Alexandre Rey Colaço or composer João Domingos Bomtempo, and numerous other notable burials, especially from the Portuguese nobility.
- "Remarkable Cemetery of 'Pleasures' Lisbon (Cemitério dos Prazeres): really worth a visit, final resting place of Portuguese rich and famous & Amália Rodrigues". The Lisbon Connection. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- National Geographic - Visit Europe's Most Beautiful Cemeteries
- MSN - The World's Most Beautiful Cemeteries
- Museum for Sepulchral Culture - Cemeteries Around the World
- UCityGuides - Top 10 Most Haunting and Famous Cemeteries in the World
- Publico - Um cemitério de aristocratas cheio de turistas[permanent dead link]
- Time Out - O maior jazigo privado da Europa fica em Lisboa
- "10 Intriguing Cemeteries of Portugal". Portugal Confidential. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- "The Cemetery of Pleasures". Um Lisboeta Inglês – An Englishman in Lisbon. 6 February 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2016.