process of production and dissemination of literature, music, or information
(Redirected from Publication)
Publishing is making information available for public view. A publisher makes and sells literature or information. Publishers can pay their authors, or authors who want to be published can pay the publisher. Sometimes authors are their own publishers.
Traditionally, publishing means the creation and distribution of printed works such as books and newspapers. Since the late 20th century it can also mean internet publishing.
A publication is the product of publishing.
- Association of American Publishers
- Book-Busters: Corporate Consolidation in Book Publishing and Selling and the Decline of Diversity by William Petrocelli (1999)
- The British Library - finding information on the book publishing & retailing industry Archived 2007-01-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Piers Anthony's Internet publishing survey
- Publishers Weekly, for book publishers
- A Report to the Authors Guild which reveals a "Crisis in Midlist Publishing" Archived 2006-12-05 at the Wayback Machine: Study (PDF file)
- Society of Young Publishers
- The Young Publishers Network Archived 2007-01-07 at the Wayback Machine
- International Publishers Association
- A list of Publishers of genre fiction such as thrillers, suspense and mystery
- Writing and Publishing Program Archived 2011-11-04 at the Wayback Machine: Online courses on writing and publishing from Simon Fraser University
- Editor and Publisher magazine and information on the newspaper industry
- Magazine Publishing Startup Resource Web Site for Publishers