Publishing is making information available for public view. A publisher makes and sells literature or information. Publishers can pay their authors, or authors who want to be published can pay the publisher. Sometimes authors are their own publishers.
A publication is the product of publishing.
- Association of American Publishers
- Book-Busters: Corporate Consolidation in Book Publishing and Selling and the Decline of Diversity by William Petrocelli (1999)
- The British Library - finding information on the book publishing & retailing industry Archived 2007-01-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Piers Anthony's Internet publishing survey
- Publishers Weekly, for book publishers
- A Report to the Authors Guild which reveals a "Crisis in Midlist Publishing" Archived 2006-12-05 at the Wayback Machine: Study (PDF file)
- Society of Young Publishers
- The Young Publishers Network Archived 2007-01-07 at the Wayback Machine
- International Publishers Association
- A list of Publishers of genre fiction such as thrillers, suspense and mystery
- Writing and Publishing Program Archived 2011-11-04 at the Wayback Machine: Online courses on writing and publishing from Simon Fraser University
- Editor and Publisher magazine and information on the newspaper industry
- Magazine Publishing Startup Resource Web Site for Publishers