Quranism (Arabic: القرآنية; al-Qur'āniyya) is the belief that the Quran is the only source for Islam. Followers of the group are called Quranist Muslims, or Quran alone Muslims or Quraniyoon. Quranists reject the Hadiths as they believe that the Hadith literature which exists today is apocryphal, as it had been written three centuries after the death of the Islamic prophet Muhammad; thus, it cannot have the same status as the Quran.
Related pages Edit
- Muwahhidism, the concept of returning the Islamic faith back to its original foundations
- Sola scriptura, the Christian equivalent
- >Musa, Aisha Y. (2010). "The Qur'anists". Religion Compass. John Wiley & Sons. 4 (1): 12–21. doi:10.1111/j.1749-8171.2009.00189.x.
- Cvorovic, Jelena (2006). "Gypsies Drown in Shallow Water: Oral Narratives among Macva Gypsies". Journal of Folklore Research. 43 (2): 129–148. doi:10.2979/JFR.2006.43.2.129. JSTOR 3814870. S2CID 144395001.
Further reading Edit
- "Question Islam" (PDF). Said Mirza.