Raidió Teilifís Éireann
Raidió Teilifís Éireann, known as RTÉ, is the main television and radio broadcaster in the Republic of Ireland. RTÉ began broadcasting radio programmes on January 21st, 1926 and began broadcasting television programmes on December 31st, 1961. RTÉ is one of the oldest television and radio broadcasters in the world. RTÉ is owned by the Irish government but is controlled by an independent body. Today RTÉ broadcasts two television stations and four radio stations. Raidió teilifís éireann are the words of the Irish language (gaeilge) that mean "radio and television of Ireland".
|Founded||June 1, 1960|
|Republic of Ireland,|
Rest of the world (via internet, satellite, digital and analogue services)
RTÉ's programme The Late Late Show, is the longest running chat show in the world.
RTÉ Radio has four stations. There are also many digital stations.
- RTÉ Radio 1
- RTÉ 2fm
- RTÉ lyric fm
- RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta
RTÉ has many other services.
RTÉ Performing GroupsEdit
- RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra - the bigger orchestra out if the two.
- RTÉ Concert Orchestra - lighter music than the NSO
- RTÉ Philharmonic Choir - an adult choir with 140 members
- RTÉ Cór na nÓg - a children's choir
- RTÉ Vanbrugh Quartet - a string quartet