Rangpur is one of the major cities in Bangladesh. Rangpur is the centre of northwestern Bangladesh. Rangpur used to be the headquarter of Greater Rangpur district. Later the Greater Rangpur district was broken down into Rangpur, Kurigram, Nilphamari, Lalmonirhat and Gaibandha districts. A public university "Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur" was recently started in the southern part of the city.
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
Places of interestEdit
Major schools in the city include:
- William Beveridge, British economist who wrote the Beveridge Report.
- Begum Rokeya Shakhawat Hossain who was most famous for her efforts on behalf of gender equality and other social issues.
- Hussain Muhammad Ershad, former President of Bangladesh.
- Nasir Hossain, prominent Bangladeshi all-round cricketer.
- Anisul Hoque, author, novelist, dramatist, and journalist.