Red Square (Russian: Красная площадь, Krasnaya ploshchad) is the most famous city square in Moscow, Russia. The square separates the Kremlin, the former royal citadel and currently the official residence of the President of Russia, from a historic merchant quarter known as Kitay-gorod (China-Town). As major streets of Moscow radiate from here in all directions, being promoted to major highways outside the city, the Red Square is often considered the central square of Moscow and of all Russia.
Red Square is a popular tourist attraction in Russia.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Red Square.|
- Red Square in Moscow, the most important place in the country's largest. - Thewotme Travel Blog
- Moscow-Life: A guide to Moscow's Red Square
- 3D model of Red Square Archived 2013-01-07 at the Wayback Machine
- Visiting Red Square Archived 2013-05-05 at the Wayback Machine – Useful information for visitors to Red Square and the Kremlin
- Red Square and surrounding area time-lapse video