A relic is an object, especially a piece of the body or a personal item of someone of religious importance, that was carefully preserved with an air of veneration as a memorial that you can touch. Relics are an important aspect of Buddhism, some denominations of Christianity, Hinduism, shamanism, and many other personal belief systems.
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: relic.|
- Relics article from the Catholic Encyclopedia
- Relics Archived 2009-04-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Keeping Relics in Perspective
- A Place for Relics Archived 2009-05-13 at the Wayback Machine
- The veneration of the relics of saints Archived 2008-07-25 at the Wayback Machine - from the Summa Theologiae
- An Inventory of Relics Archived 2008-05-16 at the Wayback Machine by John Calvin