The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand.
- Create a customized Live CD/DVD of Ubuntu and derivatives.
- Backup all the system, including user data to an installable Live CD/DVD.
|Original author(s)||Tony Brijeski (aka Fragadelic)|
2.0.23-1 (Debian); 3.0.4-2 (Ubuntu) / January 17, 2012
|Operating system||Debian / Ubuntu|
|License||GNU GPL Version 2|
It is a very useful and easy way to create a customized Live CD/DVD version of Ubuntu, once the system is installed and configured with programs, updates, etc... the user just has to:
- Download and install the latest version of remastersys from: http://remastersys.klikit-linux.com/repository/remastersys/
- Open the program (a shortcut is created on the desktop) and then choose the dist or backup option, and then the iso of the Live CD will be automatically created.
- "Ubuntu 8.04 USB Hard Drive install". pendrivelinux.com. Retrieved 2008-04-20.
- "Remastersys 2.0-5 released - Hardy Heron direct install now supported!". loscompanion.com. Retrieved 2008-04-27.