Russian Academy of Sciences
The Russian Academy of Sciences (Russian: Российская академия наук, shortened to Russian: РАН, RAN) consists of the national academy of Russia and a network of scientific research institutes from across the country. It also includes other scientific and social groups like libraries, publishing units and hospitals.
the Russian Academy of Sciences building in Moscow
|Alexander Sergeev |
(since September 27, 2017)
Like the French Academy of Sciences and unlike The Royal Society in Britain, the Russian Academy of Sciences has two types of membership. The top-level members are academicians (844 scientists, as of April 2021). The next-level members are corresponding members (1079 scientists). There are also professors of the RAN (604 scientists). 3 professors became academicians and 137 professors became corresponding members. These are now counted twice: as professors and as members. The last elections were organized in November 2019. To be elected to the Academy is a great honor for any researcher.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Russian Academy of Sciences.|
- RAS website
- Website of RAS management Archived 2004-06-09 at the Wayback Machine
- RAS Institutes in the Ranking Web of Research Centers Archived 2009-08-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Russian Space Science Internet Network
- Open letter to the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir V. Putin from the Members of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Satellite photo of the RAS Main Building
- Satellite photo of the RAS Old Building