Scotland national cricket team
The Scotland national cricket team is Scotland's team in the game of cricket. They compete in the Clydesdale Bank 40 as the Scottish Saltires. The Scottish Saltires play their home matches at The Grange, Edinburgh.
In 2004 the Scotland cricket team played in the first "ICC Intercontinental Cup". They played against Ireland and the Netherlands to progress to the semi-finals in Sharjah. They won against Kenya in the semi-finals, and then won the Cup by beating Canada in the final. They also competed in that tournament in 2005, but failed to get past the first round.
Scotland played their first One Day International matches outside of World Cups against Pakistan in June 2006, with the European Championship matches against Ireland and the Netherlands during August.
- Scotland at Cricket Archive
- 2003 Cricket World Cup at Cricinfo
- 2004 ICC Intercontinental Cup at Cricinfo
- 2005 ICC Intercontinental Cup at Cricinfo
- List of Scotland's ODIs Archived 2008-08-30 at the Wayback Machine at Cricket Archive
- Cricinfo, Accessed 30 November 2010
- Tennant fills the gap for now Archived 2014-02-02 at the Wayback Machine by Jon Coates, 11 July 2007 at CricketEurope