ability to physically transform through an inherent ability, divine intervention or magic
Shapeshifting is the act of being able to change into another being or form. The idea of shapeshifting has been around since the Middle Ages. It has been used in literature and epic poems, including works such as Peleus and Thetis and the Iliad. The trend of shapeshifting is still being done today. It is a theme in children's literature, and works of popular culture.
- ↑ Treatise on Invisible Beings
- ↑ Creatures of the Night
- ↑ "Peleus and Thetis". Archived from the original on 2015-01-16. Retrieved 2014-12-16.
- The Evolution of the Vampire in Fiction and Popular Culture Archived 2015-05-01 at the Wayback Machine
- Real Shapeshifters Website Archived 2019-10-13 at the Wayback Machine Dedicated to the study of shapeshifting phenomena (realshapeshifters.com)
- Shapeshifters in Love Archived 2007-05-12 at Archive.today – A series of articles about shapeshifting characters in romance and speculative fiction.