When Adolf Hitler went into power Sophie's family was critical to the Nazi’s regime. Hitler was a man who only made things worse between Germans and certain countries, thinking that Germany needed more land. Sophie, her brother and their friends thought something needed to be done so they founded the White Rose.
They put up leaflets that said against Hitler, but they were caught by a Custodian who called the police. They were put on trial, sentence to death with Sophie’s last words being “Die Sonne scheint noch" or "The sun still shines." before being executed at the age of 21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sophie Scholl.|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Sophie Scholl|
- The Geschwister-Scholl-Institut
- Court documents and testimonies (Center for White Rose Studies
- Sophie Scholl's childhood years in Ludwigsburg
- The Line, a comic that compares and contrasts Sophie Scholl and Traudl Junge
- Sophie Scholl at Find a Grave
- Weiße Rose Stiftung e.V. (German)