genus of evergreen, coniferous tree
|Norway spruce (Picea abies)|
Spruces are large trees, from 20–60 (–95) m tall when mature, and can be distinguished by their conical form and their needles, that are attached singly to the branches in a spiral fashion. The needles are shed when 4–10 years old.
- Picea abies Norway spruce. Europe; important in forestry. The original Christmas tree.
- Picea asperata Dragon spruce. Western China; several varieties.
- Picea meyeri Meyer's spruce. Northern China.
- Picea koraiensis Korean spruce. Korea, northeast China.
- Picea koyamae Koyama's spruce. Japan (mountains).
- Arboretum de Villardebelle Picea cone photos Cones of selected species (page 1)
- Arboretum de Villardebelle Picea cone photos Cones of selected species (page 2)
- Gymnosperm Database – Picea
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Picea.|