Stockport is a large town in Greater Manchester, North West England. Seven miles (10 km) south east of the city of Manchester, it is the largest settlement of the Metropolitan Borough of Stockport in Greater Manchester, and has a population of 136,083 (2001 Census), with the borough as a whole having 281,000. This makes the borough 23rd most populated district in England.
Geography and administrationEdit
The Stockport railway viaduct over the Mersey
The town of Stockport is twinned with the following towns:
Paisley is not officially twinned with Stockport but the entry is probably a mark of friendship.
- Stockport Council
- HatWorks Museum
- Stockport County Football Club
- Stockport Rugby Union Football Club
- The Stockport Express
- The National Library for the Blind
- National Trust
- Stockport Harriers and Athletics Club
- Stockport Grammar School - an independent school near Manchester, England
- Stockport College
- Merseyway Shopping Centre