Storms of My Grandchildren
Hansen says that the burning of fossil fuels is changing our climate and that the earth is in danger. Millions of species, and humanity itself, are threatened. The title of the book, Storms of My Grandchildren, refers to the extreme weather events "that will greet the next generation if the unmitigated use of fossil fuels continues".
Hansen states that we immediately need to "reduce atmospheric carbon dioxide to at most 350 ppm in order to avoid disasters for coming generations". He says that we need to reduce coal plant emissions, and improve forestry and agricultural practices.
- James Hansen (2009). Storms of My Grandchildren: The Truth About the Coming Climate Catastrophe and Our Last Chance to Save Humanity, Bloomsbury Press, New York, ISBN 9781608192007.
- James Hansen (2009). Storms of My Grandchildren, Bloomsbury, New York, pp. ix-xii.
- Keith Kloor. The eye of the storm Nature Reports Climate Change, 26 November 2009.
- Susan Salter Reynolds. Book Review: Storms of My Grandchildren by James Hansen Los Angeles Times, December 27, 2009.
- Kitcher, Philip (4 June 2010). "The Climate Change Debates". Science. 328 (5983): 1231–2. doi:10.1126/science.1189312.
- Aaron Cooke. Review: Storms of My Grandchildren Cosmos, July 2010.