Substitute teacher

alternative for regular teacher when they are unavailable

A substitute teacher is a person who is paid to teach a school class when the normal teacher cannot be there. This may be if the normal teacher is sick or out of town. The term substitute teacher is often used in the United States, but in the United Kingdom, the term supply teacher is often used. In Victoria, Casual relief teacher (CRT) is the term used.