city in Kagawa prefecture, Japan
Takamatsu (高松市, Takamatsu-shi) is the capital city of Kagawa Prefecture in Japan.
Takamatsu is on the Inland Sea coast of Shikoku in Japan.
It has been recognized as a core city since 1999.
Takamatsu is the Shikoku port which is closest to Honshu from Shikoku island. Takamatsu was a castle town (joka-machi).
- 1588 – Ikoma Chikamasa begins building Takamatsu castle
- 2004 – Sunport Takamatsu (サンポート高松, Sanpōto Takamatsu) redevelopment district
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Tokushima prefecture" in Japan Encyclopedia, pp. 933-934.
- ↑ Jacobs, A.J. "Japan's Evolving Nested Municipal Hierarchy: The Race for Local Power in the 2000s," Urban Studies Research, Vol. 2011 (2011), p. 8 [PDF 8 of 14]; retrieved 2012-12-5.
- ↑ Jcastle Archived 2011-11-05 at the Wayback Machine, Takamatsu Castle profile Archived 2015-09-20 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2011-11-28.
- http://www.city.takamatsu.kagawa.jp/ENGLISH/index.html Archived 2014-08-26 at the Wayback Machine; (in Japanese)
- Geographic data related to Takamatsu at OpenStreetMap
Coordinates: 34°21′N 134°3′E / 34.350°N 134.050°E