People can use technology to:
- Produce goods or services
- Carry out goals, such as scientific investigation or sending a spaceship to the moon
- Solve problems, such as disease or famine
- Do things we already do, but more easily.
Technology can be knowledge of how to do things. Machines are examples of embed. This lets others use the machines without knowing how they work. Technological systems use technology by taking something, changing it, then producing a result. They are also known as technology systems.
The most simple form of technology is the development and use of basic tools. The discovery of fire and the Neolithic Revolution made food easier to get. Other inventions, such as the wheel and the ship, helped people to transport goods and themselves. Information technology, such as the printing press, the telephone, and the Internet, has led to globalization.
The word "technology" comes from two Greek words:
- Futurism a website about science and technology