Local areas/sites of interestEdit
- Agnigarh hill - Agnigarh - Also Usha-Aniruddha Udyan
- Bhairabi Temple - Durga shrine also known as Maithan or Bhairabi Devalaya
- Cole Park - Also known as Chitralekha Udyan
- Kolia Bhomora Setu - The 3.015 km long road bridge across the Brahmaputra
- Ketakeshwar Dewal - Shiva shrine
- Mahabhairav Temple - Shiva shrine
- Padum Pukhuri - Central lake with an island in the middle
- Rudrapath - Shiva shrine
- Bamuni Pahar
- Da Parbatia Gate of Gupta period
- Hazara pukhuri- Pond of gupta period
- Nag Shankar- Temple of lord Shiva
Nearby areas of interestEdit
- From Tezpur by road Tawang (12 Hrs) / Bomdila (5 Hrs) / Kaziranga National Park (40 km) / Orang National Park (30 km)/ Nameri National Park (35 km) are very easily accessible.
- For Orchid lovers the Orchid sanctuary nearby i.e. Bhalukpung will be a bonus point for the hundreds of orchid varieties that are cultivated there.
- PAKKE (a Tiger sanctuary) & EAGLENEST (a birding point) are also nearby.
- Moreover the Bharali River is an anglers delight as angling / water rafting are allowed during winter seasons.
- Chariduar also host a number of Tourist Lodge amidst of tea garden.
- ECO camps are also present in Bhalukpung / Nameri .
Moreover the Bharali River is an anglers delight as angling / water rafting are allowed during winter seasons. Chariduar also host a number of Tourist Lodge amidst of tea garden. ECO camps are also present in Bhalukpung / Nameri.
Education and ResearchEdit
Tezpur has a central university (Tezpur University), apart from numerous colleges and schools.It has now received the tag "UNIVERSITY AT PAR EXELLENCE" from UGC (university grants commission). Tezpur also has many school, colleges of very high repute. Darrang college, Tezpur College are the leading colleges.
The Assam Valley School, situated at around 15 km from Tezpur is a very high standard residential school established by Williamson Magor Group. The school was ranked as the 7th best boarding-school in the country in a survey by an independent magazine. Further, it earned national laurel out of the board performance of its once Head Boy, Gaurav Agarwal, who topped the country in the ISC board in 2008-2009 with 98 percent. Gaurav had, in his class X board exams, secured the first rank in northeast India. In general too the school posts high standards in academics.
Other schools viz. Don Bosco High School,Sacred Heart High School, St. Joseph's Convent High School, Govt Boys Higher Secondary School, Govt Girls Higher Secondary School, Bengali Boys' H S School, Bengali Girls' High School, Guru Nanak Model School, Tezpur Academy, Children's Paradise School and Carmel Residential School are the leading institutes offering good education in the town of Tezpur.Situated by the side of the National Highway[NH-37] at Nikamul,Tezpur, Don Bosco High School has been doing exceptionally good in the educational sector producing exceptional results in the High School Leaving Certificate(H.S.L.C) conducted by the Board Of Secondary Education Assam(SEBA).
- LGBRIMH (Lokopriya Gopinath Bordoloi Regional Institute of Mental Health)
- Tezpur Medical College
- NERIWALM (North Eastern Regional Institute of Water and Land Management)
- Third Eye College (Study centre of Sikkim Manipal University)
- DOEACC Centre (Formerly CEDTI)
- DRL (Defence Research Laboratory)
- ISI ( Indian Statistical Institute)
- New NIIT Mission Chariali Centre,Tezpur
- Vivekananda Kendra Shiksha Prasar Vibhag - Educational wing of Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari, a Spiritually oriented service organisation, to administer the Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya of the entire Northeast India. (Save Arunachal Pradesh, where Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalaya Arunachal Pradesh Trust another educational wing of VKK, is administering 33 schools now)