The Addams Family (1964 TV series)
1964 TV series
The Addams Family is an American horror/black comedy sitcom based on the characters from Charles Addams' New Yorker cartoons.
The show starred Carolyn Jones as Morticia Addams, John Astin as Gomez Addams, Jackie Coogan as Uncle Fester Addams, Ted Cassidy as Lurch, Marie Blake as Grandmamma Addams, Lisa Loring as Wednesday Addams and Ken Weatherwax as Pugsley Addams.
The 30-minute television series was created by David Levy and Donald Saltzman and shot in black-and-white, airing for two seasons on ABC from September 18, 1964, to April 8, 1966, for a total of 64 episodes.
The show is also known for its opening theme, which was composed and sung by Vic Mizzy.
- Carolyn Jones as Morticia Addams
- Jones also played Ophelia Frump, Morticia's sister
- John Astin as Gomez Addams
- Jackie Coogan as Uncle Fester
- Ted Cassidy as Lurch
- Cassidy also used his hand to play Thing
- Marie Blake as Grandmama Addams
- Lisa Loring as Wednesday Addams
- Ken Weatherwax as Pugsley Addams
- Felix Silla as Cousin Itt
- Margaret Hamilton as Hester Frump
- Parley Baer as Arthur J. Hansen
- Eddie Quillan as Joe Digby
- Allyn Joslyn as Sam Hilliard
- Rolfe Sedan as Mr. Briggs
- Vito Scotti as Sam Picasso