The Chaser's War On Everything
The Chaser’s War on Everything is a comedy television series. It was shown on the ABC in Australia from 2006-2009. The series is replayed on Friday nights and again (on a different channel) on Sunday nights. The series is hosted by a group of men called The Chaser.
The series has the men doing stunts and tricks. Sometimes these tricks have been known to be dangerous (such as in one episode, cutting across lanes of traffic to stay behind a mobile advertisement), causing the television program Today Tonight to show a story on how dangerous this stunt was. At the end of each episode, there is a parody song performed, usually about the national government.
One of the most famous tricks that has been on the series was when the group tricked security at the APEC Meeting in Sydney in 2007. They drove past two checkpoints in a fake motorcade, using fake access passes. One member of The Chaser was dressed up as Osama bin Laden, causing a massive security scare just metres from where George Bush was staying. 13 crew members were arrested, charged and later released on bail.
Other stunts have included:
- Following a Mobile Advertisement until they left town
- Making fun of call-in-quiz-shows Quizmania, Midnight Zoo and The Up-Late Game Show
- Using Public Transport as a furniture moving truck.
- Making fun of Kids with Cancer and the Make A Wish Foundation
- ↑ "ABC TV: The Chaser's War on Everything". www.abc.net.au. Retrieved 2009-04-15.