Tony deBrum (February 26, 1945 – August 22, 2017) was a Marshallese politician and government minister. From 2012 and 2014, he was the Minister in Assistance to the President of Marshall Islands. He was an activist relating to climate change, and has been part of many conferences and demonstrations, including the People’s Climate March in New York City in September 2014.
In mid December 2015, he took part in the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference. He succeeded to form a new coalition between developed countries and developing countries called "High Ambition Coalition".
He was Foreign Minister of the Marshall Islands from 1979 till 1987, 2008 till 2009 and 2014 till 2016.
- "Climate change and security, Tony deBrum, Marshall Islands - Press Conference". UN. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- ""Climate Change is Now": Former Irish President Mary Robinson and Marshall Islands' Tony deBrum". DemocracyNow.org. 22 September 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- theguardian.com: How the historic Paris deal over climate change was finally agreed (13 December 2015)
- Tributes pour in for Marshallese "climate hero" Tony deBrum
- "Former Marshall Islands minister, Nobel nominee Tony de Brum dies". Pacific Daily News. Retrieved 2017-08-22.