USS Constellation (CV-64)
USS Constellation (CV-64), is a Kitty Hawk–class supercarrier. It was the third ship of the United States Navy to be named in honor of the "new constellation of stars" on the flag of the United States.
It is the only naval vessel ever given the right to display red, white, and blue designation numbers. One of the fastest ships in the Navy, as proven by her victory during a battlegroup race held in 1985. She was nicknamed "Connie" by her crew and officially as "America's Flagship" by President Ronald Reagan.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to USS Constellation (CV-64).|
- An official US Navy USS Constellation page
- Official current status of Constellation – NAVSHIPSO (NAVSEA Shipbuilding Support Office)
- An unofficial USS Constellation webpage
- Maritimequest USS Constellation CV-64 Photo Gallery
- Overhead view of the Constellation in 'mothballs' – Google Maps
- USS Constellation history at U.S. Carriers
- America's Flagship: A History of USS Constellation (CV/CVA-64) by Mike Weeks – Naval Aviation News – March–April 2004