University of Nevada, Reno
The University of Nevada, Reno (Nevada, the University of Nevada, or UNR) is a public research university in Reno, Nevada. It was founded on October 12, 1874 in Elko, Nevada. It is a land grant institution in the state of Nevada.
|State University of Nevada (1874–1881)|
Nevada State University (1881–1906)
University of Nevada (1906–1969)
|Motto||Omnia Pro Patria (Latin)|
Motto in English
|All For Our Country|
|Established||October 12, 1874|
|Nevada System of Higher Education|
|Endowment||$377.4 million (2019)|
|Colors||Blue and Silver|
Wolf Pack (1923–present)
|NCAA Division I – Mountain West|
|Mascots||Alphie, Wolfie Jr. and Luna|
University of Nevada Historic District
|Location||Virginia Street, Reno, Nevada|
|Area||290 acres (117.4 ha) (entire campus)|
40 acres (16 ha) (historic district)
|Architectural style||Late 19th and 20th Century Revivals, Second Empire, Jeffersonian Revival|
|Added to NRHP||February 25, 1987|
It is home to the state's first medical school.
- As of June 30, 2020. "U.S. and Canadian 2019 NTSE Participating Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2019 Endowment Market Value, and Percentage Change in Market Value from FY18 to FY19 (Revised)". National Association of College and University Business Officers and TIAA. Retrieved April 24, 2020.
- "Annual Enrollment Comparisons by Fall and Spring Semester". Archived from the original on September 27, 2018. Retrieved September 26, 2018.
- "Approved Colors". University of Nevada, Reno. Retrieved February 12, 2016.
- "University of Nevada School of Medicine". Medicine.nevada.edu. Retrieved November 7, 2010.
- "Table 20. Higher education R&D expenditures, ranked by FY 2018 R&D expenditures: FYs 2009–18". ncsesdata.nsf.gov. National Science Foundation. Retrieved 26 July 2020.