A vice president is someone who helps a president conduct his or her duties. A vice president also takes over if a president is not available. In business and in government a vice president (VP) is below a president in rank. Vice is comes from Latin meaning 'in place of'. In British English a vice president in business is called a director. In some countries, a vice president is called a deputy president.
Terms and abbreviationsEdit
- Senior Executive Vice President (SEVP)
- Deputy President (DP)
- Executive Vice President (EVP)
- Senior Vice President (SVP)
- First Vice President (FVP)
- Assistant Vice President or Associate Vice President (AVP)