Wilhelm Walter Friedrich Kempff (25 November 1895 – 23 May 1991) was a German pianist and composer. Although his repertory included Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Schumann, and Brahms, Kempff was often well known for his interpretations of the music of Ludwig van Beethoven and Franz Schubert, both of whose complete sonatas he also recorded.
- Kempff, Wilhelm. Unter dem Zimbelstern: Jugenderinnerungen eines Pianisten ["Under the Cymbal Star: The Development of a Musician" (1951)]. Laaber: Laaber Verlag, 1978.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wilhelm Kempff.|
- Obituary for Wilhelm Kempff, by B. John Zavrel
- Wilhelm Kempff discography by Frank Forman
- Video recordings of Kempff performances, youtube.com
- Wilhelm Kempff playing the 3rd movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.
- Wilhelm Kempff playing Sonate No. 14, "Moonlight" 1st Movement