Woodlands North MRT station
Woodlands North MRT station (TE1) is a underground Mass Rapid Transit terminal station in Woodlands, Singapore. It is located near Republic Polytechnic. The station is the northern terminal of the Thomson–East Coast line (TEL).
|Location||20 Woodlands North Coast Road|
|Owned by||Land Transport Authority|
|Operated by||SMRT Trains Ltd (SMRT Corporation)|
|Line(s)||Thomson–East Coast line|
|Opening||31 January 2020|
A planned Johor Bahru–Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) at this station was delayed on 21 May 2019. This is due to Malaysia's financial situation. On 31 October 2019, Malaysia agreed to resume the RTS project at a lower cost although the project is still suspended until 30 April 2020.
Contract T202 which involves the construction of this station was awarded to Penta-Ocean Construction Co Ltd on 29 November 2013. The cost is S$337 million. Construction of the station began in early 2014.
The station was planned to be open by the end of 2019 as part of the first stage of the TEL. However the station's opening was later changed to 31 January 2020.
- "TSL System Map & Station Footprints (Woodlands North station)". 29 August 2012.
- Yusof, Amir (2019-05-21). "Singapore agrees to suspend construction of RTS Link at Malaysia's request". CNA. Archived from the original on 2020-01-06. Retrieved 2020-01-06.
- "Malaysia continues RTS project with a new cost of RM3.16b". The Edge Markets. 2019-10-31. Archived from the original on 2019-11-05. Retrieved 2020-01-06.
- "JB-Singapore RTS Link to go ahead but further suspended to April 2020: Khaw". CNA. 4 November 2019. Archived from the original on 7 January 2020. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- "Speech by Mr Lui Tuck Yew, Minister for Transport, at the Inspection of Downtown Line 1 Station and Announcement of Thomson Line alignment, 29 August 2012, 10.00am at Telok Ayer Station". Ministry of Transport. Ministry of Transport. 29 August 2012. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Thomson Line Station Names Finalised". www.lta.gov.sg. 2014-06-27. Archived from the original on 2020-01-06. Retrieved 2020-01-06.
- "LTA Awards Two Contracts for Thomson Line's Woodlands North and Napier Stations". www.lta.gov.sg. 2013-11-29. Archived from the original on 2020-01-06. Retrieved 2020-01-06.
- "Public Preview of Thomson-East Coast Line 1 Stations on 11 January (TEL1 will officially open for passenger service on 31 January 2020)". www.lta.gov.sg. 2019-12-11. Archived from the original on 2020-10-06. Retrieved 2020-01-06.