The sex chromosome present in males of species in which the male is the heterogametic sex; generally, the sex chromosome that pairs with the X chromosome in the heterogametic sex.
- Bainbridge, David A. 2003. The X in sex: how the X chromosome controls our lives. Harvard.
- Genetic Genealogy: About the use of mtDNA and Y chromosome analysis in ancestry testing
- Human Genome Project Information — Human Chromosome Y Launchpad
- On Topic — The Y Chromosome - From the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
- Nature — focus on the Y chomosome
- National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) — Use of Novel Mechanism Preserves Y Chromosome Genes
- Ysearch.org - Public Y-DNA database
- Y Chromosome Consortium (YCC)