Young Earth creationism
Young Earth creationism (YEC) is the pseudoscientific belief that the God of Judaism or Christianity created the Universe, the Earth and all life on Earth over a short time between 5,700 and 10,000 years ago. Those who believe young Earth creationism are mainly Christians and Jews. They believe the Genesis account of creation in the Bible is completely true. Young Earth creationists believe that God created the Earth in six 24-hour days. They disagree with other creationists because they believe the Bible is literally true when it tells the age of the Earth.
Many scientists agree together that young Earth creationism is wrong and know about experiments and observations (facts that scientists have seen, heard, recorded with their instruments) in their theory. Scientists believe that the universe is more than 13 billion years old while the earth existed for 4.5 billion years according to scientific theory.
- ↑ Scott, Eugenie C. (with forward by Niles Eldredge) (2004). Evolution vs. Creationism: An Introduction. Berkley & Los Angeles, California: University of California Press. p. 114. ISBN 0-520-24650-0. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- ↑ Numbers 2006, p. 11 harvnb error: no target: CITEREFNumbers2006 (help)
- ↑ Freundel, Barry (2004) , "26, Evolution and Life on Other Planets", Contemporary Orthodox Judaism's response to modernity, Jersey City, NJ: KTAV Publishing House, p. 242, ISBN 0-88125-778-8
- ↑ James-Griffiths, P. "Creation days and Orthodox Jewish tradition". Creation. 26 (2): 53–55. Retrieved 2007-07-03.
- ↑ Numbers 2006, pp. 10–11 harvnb error: no target: CITEREFNumbers2006 (help)