11th century BC
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
- 1089 BC: Melanthus, legendary King of Athens, dies after a reign of 37 years.
- 1069 BC: Ramses XI dies, ending the Twentieth Dynasty.
- 1068 BC: Codrus, legendary King of Athens, dies in battle against Dorian invaders.
- 1050 BC: Philistines capture the Ark of the Covenant from Israel in battle. (Approximate date)
- 1048 BC: Medon, King of Athens, dies after a reign of 20 years.
- 1046 BC: King Wu of Zhou becomes first king of the Zhou Dynasty.
- 1042 BC: King Cheng of Zhou succeeds King Wu as ruler of the Zhou Dynasty in China,
- 1039 BC: Neferkare Amenemnisu, king of Egypt, dies.
- c. 1020 BC: Destruction of Troy VIIb2.
- 1026 BC: Saul becomes the first king of the Israelites.
- 1020 BC: King Kang of Zhou succeeds King Cheng as ruler of the Zhou Dynasty in China.
- 1012 BC: Acastus, King of Athens, dies after a reign of 36 years.
- 1003 BC: David succeeds Saul.
- 1000s BC: Earliest evidence of farming in the Kenya highlands.
- c. 1000 BC: Latins come to Italy from the Danube region.
- 1000s BC: Phoenician alphabet invented.