|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1240s 1250s 1260s – 1270s – 1280s 1290s 1300s|
|Years:||1274 1275 1276 – 1277 – 1278 1279 1280|
- Burma's Pagan empire begins to disintegrate after being defeated by Kublai Khan at the Battle of Ngasaunggyan, at Yunnan near the Chinese border.
- Some 50,000 leaders and citizens of the Southern Song Dynasty of China become the first recorded inhabitants of Macau, as they seek refuge from the invading Mongol Empire. They also stayed for a short period in Kowloon. Some hundred years later the place where they stayed became Sung Wong Toi.
- Mamluk sultan Baibars invades Anatolia and captures the emirates which once composed the Sultanate of Rüm.
- Llywelyn ap Gruffyd is subdued by King Edward I of England in the First Welsh War.
- St George's cross is first used as the flag of England.
- The philosophical doctrine Averroism is banned from Paris at a condemnation at the University of Paris.
- In Japan, a 20 kilometer stone wall defending the coast of Hakata Bay in Fukuoka is completed; it is built in response to the attempted invasion by the Mongol Empire in 1274.
- November 25 – Pope Nicholas III succeeds Pope John XXI as the 188th pope.
- Third Mongol Golden Horde raid against Lithuania.