2020 Malian coup d'état
military takeover in the West African country of Mali in August 2020
The soldiers captured several government officials including President Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta who later the same day resigned and dissolved the government. This is the country's second coup attempt in less than 10 years.
- "Gunfire heard at Mali army base, warnings of possible mutiny". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- Welle (www.dw.com), Deutsche. "Possible coup underway in Mali | DW | 18.08.2020". DW.COM. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "Mali: Gunfire heard at Kati military camp near Bamako". The Africa Report.com. 2020-08-18. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "Mali soldiers detain senior officers in apparent mutiny". AP NEWS. 2020-08-18. Retrieved 2020-08-18.
- "Mali president resigns after detention by military, deepening crisis". Reuters. 2020-08-19. Retrieved 2020-08-19.