29th century BC
The 29th century BC is a century which was from the year 2900 BC to 2801 BC.
|Millennium:||3rd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||30th century BC · 29th century BC · 28th century BC|
|Decades:||2890s BC 2880s BC 2870s BC 2860s BC 2850s BC|
2840s BC 2830s BC 2820s BC 2810s BC 2800s BC
|Categories:||Births – Deaths |
Establishments – Disestablishments
- c. 2900 BC – 2400 BC: Sumerian pictographs evolve into phonograms.
- 2900 BC – 2334 BC: Mesopotamian wars of the Early Dynastic period.
- c. 2900 BC – 2600 BC: Votive statues, from the Square Temple, Eshnunna (modern Tell Ashmar, Iraq) was made. It is now in the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago. Excavated 1932–1933.
- 2897 BC: Hùng Vương established the Hồng Bàng Dynasty in Vietnam (then known as Văn Lang).
- 2890 BC: Egypt: Pharaoh Qa'a died. End of First Dynasty, start of Second Dynasty. Pharaoh Hotepsekhemwy started to rule.
- 2880 BC: Estimated germination of the Prometheus Tree
- c. 2874 B.C.: The 365-day calendar year was started in ancient Egypt, with fixed lunar months of 30 days + 5 epagomenal days.
- 2852 BC: The beginning of the period of the Three August Ones and Five Emperors in China.
- 2832 BC: Estimated germination of the Methuselah Tree, the oldest known living organism
- 2807 BC: Possible date for an asteroid or comet impact occurring between Africa and Antarctica, around the time of a solar eclipse on May 10, based on flood stories. Possibly causing the Burckle crater and Fenambosy Chevron.
- Ur becomes one of the richest cities in Sumer
- "Cambridge Conference Correspondence". defendgaia.org.
- Blakeslee, Sandra (14 November 2006). "Did an Asteroid Impact Cause an Ancient Tsunami?" – via NYTimes.com.
- "About Iraq Editorial". www.iraqdirectory.com.